Joseph Ferrara from SellsiusRealEstate tagged me this morning and if your not sure what a meme is - you are not alone. The first time I heard of it was in fact yesterday. (These bloggers are just so clever, aren't they?)
The idea of a meme is to tell five things that people don't know about you. Now, there is a lot that I think people don't know about me - I just have to decide what it is that I actually want you to know about me. OK - got it.
1. I was born in Bayside NY. Moved to Arvada Colorado when I was 8 and then back to Whitestone NY when I was 18. I love New York and remain here probably for the rest of my life!
2. I was married by 19 (and still am - yes... to the same man). I had my first son at age 22 and my second at 29 (so that makes two boys). To add to this - My two boys are just brilliant and I wish I had their brains at their age. I am in awe of my sons. My oldest WILL catch for the Yankees when he gets older. My youngest will always make everyone happy - he has a personality that just lights up the room.
3. My first blog that I ever read was from the blog that passed the Meme to me today. I remember reading their recap of the Inman Awards in January of this year. Shortly after this - I was hooked and became an avid reader. In April I started this blog and now I am addicted. I owe everything to them - they really took me under their wing and I have learned alot from them.
4. I left home at 16 - I have supported myself since then and have yet to see my family since I left. I am a very independent person (I would like to think I am anyways - some might argue this with me, but I don't do things just because others are). Sometimes I confuse independent with pig headed..
5. I was touched by Greg Swans meme. I knew he was deep, sometimes a hard read, but I did not know that he was so deep that you could see his soul. One thing that has stuck in my head was the game that he talked about that he played with his son while driving in his car, he talked about it during his Blog - a - thon against Ardell - "Who's the most competitive?".